Apr 13, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
“They’re ready to go,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said, according to the Chicago Tribune. “Absolutely ready.”
Losing both of them to injuries might prove to be a blessing in disguise. After all, they should be well rested going into the playoffs. Then again, the Blackhawks would have probably preferred that they didn’t get quite this much time off as rust might emerge as a factor.
Chicago went on a four-game winning streak after Toews joined Kane on the sidelines, but the team finished the season with back-to-back losses against Washington and Nashville. The Blackhawks will play against St. Louis or Colorado in the first round.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5