Apr 12, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
The stakes are simple for the Flyers. If they knock off the Penguins, they’ll face the New York Rangers in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.
If the Penguins beat the Flyers for just the second time this season, Philly is 3-1-0 against them, the possibility these two teams could face each other in the first round is still in play.
You can read our preview of this afternoon’s game here. Consider this your warm-up act for the postseason.
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning 1
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 31
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)