Apr 12, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
The stakes are simple for the Flyers. If they knock off the Penguins, they’ll face the New York Rangers in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.
If the Penguins beat the Flyers for just the second time this season, Philly is 3-1-0 against them, the possibility these two teams could face each other in the first round is still in play.
You can read our preview of this afternoon’s game here. Consider this your warm-up act for the postseason.
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 0
- Will winning trump revenge tonight? 3
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 6
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 33
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)