Apr 12, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
The stakes are simple for the Flyers. If they knock off the Penguins, they’ll face the New York Rangers in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.
If the Penguins beat the Flyers for just the second time this season, Philly is 3-1-0 against them, the possibility these two teams could face each other in the first round is still in play.
You can read our preview of this afternoon’s game here. Consider this your warm-up act for the postseason.
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 7
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)