Apr 12, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
The stakes are simple for the Flyers. If they knock off the Penguins, they’ll face the New York Rangers in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.
If the Penguins beat the Flyers for just the second time this season, Philly is 3-1-0 against them, the possibility these two teams could face each other in the first round is still in play.
You can read our preview of this afternoon’s game here. Consider this your warm-up act for the postseason.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46