Apr 12, 2014, 6:29 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers faced a serious scare on Saturday, as starting goalie Steve Mason left today’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins with an upper-body injury and won’t return.
There isn’t any additional information about the 25-year-old netminder’s condition beyond the injury being at least serious enough to end his day.
Here’s video of the collision:
Whether it’s that moment or just typical Flyers – Penguins heat, it’s becoming a very physical game on Saturday.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54