Apr 12, 2014, 6:29 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers faced a serious scare on Saturday, as starting goalie Steve Mason left today’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins with an upper-body injury and won’t return.
There isn’t any additional information about the 25-year-old netminder’s condition beyond the injury being at least serious enough to end his day.
Here’s video of the collision:
Whether it’s that moment or just typical Flyers – Penguins heat, it’s becoming a very physical game on Saturday.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 0
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15