Apr 12, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT
The spin-o-rama fooled Martin Brodeur not once, but twice on Friday.
The New York Islanders defeated Brodeur and the New Jersey Devils in the shootout, scoring twice in the skills competition by way of the spin move. First, it was Josh Bailey, the left-handed shooter to pull off the move going to his backhand. Then the right-shooting Ryan Strome did the same thing, just on a different side, on the next attempt.
The Islanders scored three times in the shootout.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)