Apr 12, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa probably didn’t need to play in Saturday’s borderline home game against the Predators in Nashville. There was nothing on the line for his team and he’s dealt with injuries (like many of his teammates who didn’t play today) during the 2013-14 season.
The 35-year-old also added extra wear and tear via the 2014 Olympics.
Regardless, sometimes an impressive feat reminds us that a great player might just want to, well, play. Hossa made that argument with this fantastic goal, which gives him 30 on the season:
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40