Apr 12, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa probably didn’t need to play in Saturday’s borderline home game against the Predators in Nashville. There was nothing on the line for his team and he’s dealt with injuries (like many of his teammates who didn’t play today) during the 2013-14 season.
The 35-year-old also added extra wear and tear via the 2014 Olympics.
Regardless, sometimes an impressive feat reminds us that a great player might just want to, well, play. Hossa made that argument with this fantastic goal, which gives him 30 on the season:
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20