Apr 12, 2014, 8:18 PM EDT
Jovanovski, 37, has served three suspensions during his lengthy career, yet it’s been quite a while since he received supplementary discipline from the NHL. His most recent situation came in January 2010.
There’s the thought that this could very well be his last game at this level, so it would be a shame if he went out on this note. Then again, there’s a chance he might stick around for 2014-15, too:
Either way, it’s a pretty ugly situation in what is a meaningless game for the Panthers and a significant one for Tropp and the Blue Jackets.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5