Apr 12, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins could be headed into the postseason a bit more banged up than they hoped.
Bruins forward Daniel Paille was knocked out of their 4-1 win against the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday afternoon. Paille was put down on the ice after a big hit at the blue line by Sabres rookie defenseman Jake McCabe.
McCabe was given a five-minute major for interference and a game misconduct. Paille was led off the ice straight to the locker room where he did not return. Bruins coach Claude Julien did not offer an update on Paille after the game. Paille missed time with a concussion back in early March and suffered from concussion-like symptoms in December.
The debate here is if this hit was worthy of a major penalty. The better debate might be whether it was worth a penalty at all. Have a look:
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)