Apr 12, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche are finishing the season strong, but that doesn’t mean they’re immune to the injury concerns affecting other contenders. The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater reports that the team recalled defenseman Stefan Elliott in light of injuries to fellow blueliner Tyson Barrie and forward John Mitchell.
Dater couldn’t get any additional information beyond Barrie and Mitchell being considered day-to-day. He expressed some fear that the two might have suffered concussions.
What is Barrie’s status going forward? No word from the Avs just yet, but this is obviously a bad sign and the obvious worry is that he has a concussion. John Mitchell also may have one, as he missed last night’s game too.
Elliott, 23, generated four points in 18 games last season and 13 in 39 contests in 2011-12. He’s been solidly effective in AHL duty in 2013-14, producing 28 points in 61 games for the Lake Erie Monsters.
In other words, losing a player like Barrie wouldn’t be ideal, but at least Elliott brings some promise if he’s forced into a relief mode.
- Will winning trump revenge tonight? 0
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 5
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 6
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 32
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)