Apr 11, 2014, 11:33 PM EST
Demers, the San Jose Sharks defenseman, threw a devastating open-ice hit on Barrie, the Avalanche defenseman just past the midway point of the opening period of Friday’s game. The hit occurred as Barrie had just delivered a pass to his right as he crossed over the San Jose blue line.
There was no penalty on the play. Barrie was shaken up but did eventually return to the game, as per Adrian Dater of The Denver Post.
Updated: Barrie will now not be returning to game because of an upper-body injury.
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 0
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23