Apr 11, 2014, 11:33 PM EDT
Demers, the San Jose Sharks defenseman, threw a devastating open-ice hit on Barrie, the Avalanche defenseman just past the midway point of the opening period of Friday’s game. The hit occurred as Barrie had just delivered a pass to his right as he crossed over the San Jose blue line.
There was no penalty on the play. Barrie was shaken up but did eventually return to the game, as per Adrian Dater of The Denver Post.
Updated: Barrie will now not be returning to game because of an upper-body injury.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)