Apr 11, 2014, 11:33 PM EDT
Demers, the San Jose Sharks defenseman, threw a devastating open-ice hit on Barrie, the Avalanche defenseman just past the midway point of the opening period of Friday’s game. The hit occurred as Barrie had just delivered a pass to his right as he crossed over the San Jose blue line.
There was no penalty on the play. Barrie was shaken up but did eventually return to the game, as per Adrian Dater of The Denver Post.
Updated: Barrie will now not be returning to game because of an upper-body injury.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 33
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)