Apr 11, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks will welcome back rookie forward Tomas Hertl on Friday when they take on the Avs at the SAP Center.
The Sharks have not confirmed the 20-year-old will be back in the lineup, but CSN Bay Area sources confirm that will be the case, given two doctors — Dr. Mark Saffron at Stanford, and Dr. Anthony Miniaci, based out of Cleveland, OH — medically cleared Hertl for return.
Hertl, who was hurt on Dec. 19 following a collision with Kings captain Dustin Brown, has missed the last 45 games after undergoing surgery to repair the PCL and MCL ligaments in his right knee. Prior to getting hurt, Hertl was in the midst of a stellar rookie campaign in which he won October’s rookie of the month while scoring 15 goals and 25 points in his first 35 NHL contests.
Hertl was San Jose’s first-round pick (17th overall) at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. No word yet as to which line he’ll skate on tonight versus Colorado.
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 1
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 3
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)