Apr 11, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks will welcome back rookie forward Tomas Hertl on Friday when they take on the Avs at the SAP Center.
The Sharks have not confirmed the 20-year-old will be back in the lineup, but CSN Bay Area sources confirm that will be the case, given two doctors — Dr. Mark Saffron at Stanford, and Dr. Anthony Miniaci, based out of Cleveland, OH — medically cleared Hertl for return.
Hertl, who was hurt on Dec. 19 following a collision with Kings captain Dustin Brown, has missed the last 45 games after undergoing surgery to repair the PCL and MCL ligaments in his right knee. Prior to getting hurt, Hertl was in the midst of a stellar rookie campaign in which he won October’s rookie of the month while scoring 15 goals and 25 points in his first 35 NHL contests.
Hertl was San Jose’s first-round pick (17th overall) at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. No word yet as to which line he’ll skate on tonight versus Colorado.
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 7
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 2
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 19
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 9
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 60
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)