Apr 11, 2014, 2:51 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Bob gets a break
McElhinney hasn’t played much lately — his last start was on Mar. 29, when stopped 25 of 27 shots in a win over the Hurricanes — but there is some pressure tonight, as the Jackets could move ahead of Philadelphia for third place in the Metropolitan Division by earning at least one point. The Bolts also have something to play for, as they can overtake first-round opponent Montreal for second in the Atlantic Division, and get a leg up in the battle for home ice advantage.
Tampa Bay will start Anders Lindback in goal.
Lehtonen looks to clinch
Dallas can get into the playoffs for the first time in five years with any sort of victory — regulation, overtime or shootout — against the Blues, and the Stars will try to get there with Kari Lehtonen in goal. The Finnish netminder last played in a win over Nashville on Tuesday (stopping 27 of 29 shots) and was given Wednesday night off as a result (Tim Thomas was in for a loss to Columbus).
Tonight, Lehtonen is back and looking to fare better against the Blues than he has in the past — he’s 1-1-1 vs. St. Louis this season, with a 3.52 GAA and .867 save percentage.
For the Blues, Ryan Miller will be in net.
‘Hawks at Caps: Corey Crawford for Chicago, no word yet on a Washington starter.
Isles at Devils: No word from either team.
Jets at Flames: Karri Ramo likely for Calgary, no word on Winnipeg’s starter.
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 29
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7