Apr 11, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals will be without Marcus Johansson for the remainder of tonight’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Johansson suffered an upper-body injury and will not return, the Capitals announced via Twitter.
Prior to tonight, the 23-year-old Johansson had eight goals and 44 points. He left the game early in the second period.
Updated: As per Katie Carrera of the Washington Post, Johansson will miss the Capitals’ season finale against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Sunday.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)