Apr 11, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals will be without Marcus Johansson for the remainder of tonight’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Johansson suffered an upper-body injury and will not return, the Capitals announced via Twitter.
Prior to tonight, the 23-year-old Johansson had eight goals and 44 points. He left the game early in the second period.
Updated: As per Katie Carrera of the Washington Post, Johansson will miss the Capitals’ season finale against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Sunday.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)