Apr 11, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals will be without Marcus Johansson for the remainder of tonight’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Johansson suffered an upper-body injury and will not return, the Capitals announced via Twitter.
Prior to tonight, the 23-year-old Johansson had eight goals and 44 points. He left the game early in the second period.
Updated: As per Katie Carrera of the Washington Post, Johansson will miss the Capitals’ season finale against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Sunday.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)