Apr 11, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals will be without Marcus Johansson for the remainder of tonight’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Johansson suffered an upper-body injury and will not return, the Capitals announced via Twitter.
Prior to tonight, the 23-year-old Johansson had eight goals and 44 points. He left the game early in the second period.
Updated: As per Katie Carrera of the Washington Post, Johansson will miss the Capitals’ season finale against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Sunday.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)