Apr 11, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals will be without Marcus Johansson for the remainder of tonight’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Johansson suffered an upper-body injury and will not return, the Capitals announced via Twitter.
Prior to tonight, the 23-year-old Johansson had eight goals and 44 points. He left the game early in the second period.
Updated: As per Katie Carrera of the Washington Post, Johansson will miss the Capitals’ season finale against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Sunday.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)