Apr 11, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Corey Crawford would just like to forget what happened tonight.
The Chicago Blackhawks lost 4-0 to the Washington Capitals, a team that will not qualify for the Stanley Cup playoffs, and Crawford was pulled after giving up all four goals on just 20 shots. Two of those goals came off the stick of Jay Beagle, who suddenly doubled his scoring totals for the year in just one night.
In fact, according to the Capitals’ public relations Twitter account, it was Beagle’s first multi-goal game of his NHL career, which started with three games in 2008-09.
“I gave them a couple bad ones, but it just felt like everything they did work and everything we did didn’t work,” said Crawford, as per Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times.
“This was, I don’t know, just forget about it. I don’t know what else to say,” the goalie added.
The loss ends Chicago’s winning streak at four games. The Blackhawks will close out the regular season against the Nashville Predators on Saturday, before the playoffs get underway and the defense of their Stanley Cup championship takes another step.
The loss to the Capitals is sure to leave a bitter taste in their mouths for the finale.
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 3
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 28
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 18
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13