Apr 11, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Corey Crawford would just like to forget what happened tonight.
The Chicago Blackhawks lost 4-0 to the Washington Capitals, a team that will not qualify for the Stanley Cup playoffs, and Crawford was pulled after giving up all four goals on just 20 shots. Two of those goals came off the stick of Jay Beagle, who suddenly doubled his scoring totals for the year in just one night.
In fact, according to the Capitals’ public relations Twitter account, it was Beagle’s first multi-goal game of his NHL career, which started with three games in 2008-09.
“I gave them a couple bad ones, but it just felt like everything they did work and everything we did didn’t work,” said Crawford, as per Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times.
“This was, I don’t know, just forget about it. I don’t know what else to say,” the goalie added.
The loss ends Chicago’s winning streak at four games. The Blackhawks will close out the regular season against the Nashville Predators on Saturday, before the playoffs get underway and the defense of their Stanley Cup championship takes another step.
The loss to the Capitals is sure to leave a bitter taste in their mouths for the finale.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)