Apr 11, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Corey Crawford would just like to forget what happened tonight.
The Chicago Blackhawks lost 4-0 to the Washington Capitals, a team that will not qualify for the Stanley Cup playoffs, and Crawford was pulled after giving up all four goals on just 20 shots. Two of those goals came off the stick of Jay Beagle, who suddenly doubled his scoring totals for the year in just one night.
In fact, according to the Capitals’ public relations Twitter account, it was Beagle’s first multi-goal game of his NHL career, which started with three games in 2008-09.
“I gave them a couple bad ones, but it just felt like everything they did work and everything we did didn’t work,” said Crawford, as per Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times.
“This was, I don’t know, just forget about it. I don’t know what else to say,” the goalie added.
The loss ends Chicago’s winning streak at four games. The Blackhawks will close out the regular season against the Nashville Predators on Saturday, before the playoffs get underway and the defense of their Stanley Cup championship takes another step.
The loss to the Capitals is sure to leave a bitter taste in their mouths for the finale.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)