Apr 11, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Corey Crawford would just like to forget what happened tonight.
The Chicago Blackhawks lost 4-0 to the Washington Capitals, a team that will not qualify for the Stanley Cup playoffs, and Crawford was pulled after giving up all four goals on just 20 shots. Two of those goals came off the stick of Jay Beagle, who suddenly doubled his scoring totals for the year in just one night.
In fact, according to the Capitals’ public relations Twitter account, it was Beagle’s first multi-goal game of his NHL career, which started with three games in 2008-09.
“I gave them a couple bad ones, but it just felt like everything they did work and everything we did didn’t work,” said Crawford, as per Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times.
“This was, I don’t know, just forget about it. I don’t know what else to say,” the goalie added.
The loss ends Chicago’s winning streak at four games. The Blackhawks will close out the regular season against the Nashville Predators on Saturday, before the playoffs get underway and the defense of their Stanley Cup championship takes another step.
The loss to the Capitals is sure to leave a bitter taste in their mouths for the finale.
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 10
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 24
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 14
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)