Apr 11, 2014, 10:02 PM EST
Corey Crawford would just like to forget what happened tonight.
The Chicago Blackhawks lost 4-0 to the Washington Capitals, a team that will not qualify for the Stanley Cup playoffs, and Crawford was pulled after giving up all four goals on just 20 shots. Two of those goals came off the stick of Jay Beagle, who suddenly doubled his scoring totals for the year in just one night.
In fact, according to the Capitals’ public relations Twitter account, it was Beagle’s first multi-goal game of his NHL career, which started with three games in 2008-09.
“I gave them a couple bad ones, but it just felt like everything they did work and everything we did didn’t work,” said Crawford, as per Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times.
“This was, I don’t know, just forget about it. I don’t know what else to say,” the goalie added.
The loss ends Chicago’s winning streak at four games. The Blackhawks will close out the regular season against the Nashville Predators on Saturday, before the playoffs get underway and the defense of their Stanley Cup championship takes another step.
The loss to the Capitals is sure to leave a bitter taste in their mouths for the finale.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)