Apr 10, 2014, 7:39 PM EDT
As the 2013-14 season winds down, almost every game is about finishing the season strong, securing an ideal playoff position or a little of both. For that reason, Thursday’s contest matters more to the St. Louis Blues than the Minnesota Wild. You can watch that game on NBCSN or via the stream link below.
For one thing, the Blues are on the longest losing streak of their season. Sure, that’s a bit dramatic since it’s only three games, but many would argue that it’s a bad time to stumble.
More importantly, the Blues have a lot of seeding considerations going into the final few days of the season. St. Louis trails Boston by three points for the Presidents’ Trophy, Anaheim by one point for the Western Conference’s top spot and only have a two-point lead over Colorado for the Central Divsion crown. (Yeah, it’s amazing how much a small losing streak can hurt in the competitive West.)
For the Wild, it’s all about momentum … and maybe avoiding injuries. They’ve won three in a row but are guaranteed the top wild card spot; maybe they’d see motivation in potentially facing the team that will host them in the opening round.
Either way, it’s a test of might between two defensive-minded teams, so tune in by your preferred method tonight.
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 15
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 31
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)