Apr 10, 2014, 7:39 PM EST
As the 2013-14 season winds down, almost every game is about finishing the season strong, securing an ideal playoff position or a little of both. For that reason, Thursday’s contest matters more to the St. Louis Blues than the Minnesota Wild. You can watch that game on NBCSN or via the stream link below.
For one thing, the Blues are on the longest losing streak of their season. Sure, that’s a bit dramatic since it’s only three games, but many would argue that it’s a bad time to stumble.
More importantly, the Blues have a lot of seeding considerations going into the final few days of the season. St. Louis trails Boston by three points for the Presidents’ Trophy, Anaheim by one point for the Western Conference’s top spot and only have a two-point lead over Colorado for the Central Divsion crown. (Yeah, it’s amazing how much a small losing streak can hurt in the competitive West.)
For the Wild, it’s all about momentum … and maybe avoiding injuries. They’ve won three in a row but are guaranteed the top wild card spot; maybe they’d see motivation in potentially facing the team that will host them in the opening round.
Either way, it’s a test of might between two defensive-minded teams, so tune in by your preferred method tonight.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 62
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (144)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)