Apr 10, 2014, 7:39 PM EST
As the 2013-14 season winds down, almost every game is about finishing the season strong, securing an ideal playoff position or a little of both. For that reason, Thursday’s contest matters more to the St. Louis Blues than the Minnesota Wild. You can watch that game on NBCSN or via the stream link below.
For one thing, the Blues are on the longest losing streak of their season. Sure, that’s a bit dramatic since it’s only three games, but many would argue that it’s a bad time to stumble.
More importantly, the Blues have a lot of seeding considerations going into the final few days of the season. St. Louis trails Boston by three points for the Presidents’ Trophy, Anaheim by one point for the Western Conference’s top spot and only have a two-point lead over Colorado for the Central Divsion crown. (Yeah, it’s amazing how much a small losing streak can hurt in the competitive West.)
For the Wild, it’s all about momentum … and maybe avoiding injuries. They’ve won three in a row but are guaranteed the top wild card spot; maybe they’d see motivation in potentially facing the team that will host them in the opening round.
Either way, it’s a test of might between two defensive-minded teams, so tune in by your preferred method tonight.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)