Apr 10, 2014, 7:39 PM EDT
As the 2013-14 season winds down, almost every game is about finishing the season strong, securing an ideal playoff position or a little of both. For that reason, Thursday’s contest matters more to the St. Louis Blues than the Minnesota Wild. You can watch that game on NBCSN or via the stream link below.
For one thing, the Blues are on the longest losing streak of their season. Sure, that’s a bit dramatic since it’s only three games, but many would argue that it’s a bad time to stumble.
More importantly, the Blues have a lot of seeding considerations going into the final few days of the season. St. Louis trails Boston by three points for the Presidents’ Trophy, Anaheim by one point for the Western Conference’s top spot and only have a two-point lead over Colorado for the Central Divsion crown. (Yeah, it’s amazing how much a small losing streak can hurt in the competitive West.)
For the Wild, it’s all about momentum … and maybe avoiding injuries. They’ve won three in a row but are guaranteed the top wild card spot; maybe they’d see motivation in potentially facing the team that will host them in the opening round.
Either way, it’s a test of might between two defensive-minded teams, so tune in by your preferred method tonight.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 0
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 24
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)