Apr 10, 2014, 12:45 AM EST
It looked like it could’ve been much worse.
Pittsburgh Penguins center Brandon Sutter fell awkwardly with Detroit Red Wings defenseman Brendan Smith while chasing the puck early in the third period. Smith fell on Sutter’s left leg, causing Sutter to throw his head back in obvious pain.
Sutter struggled to the bench and was seen in discomfort on the bench. However, he remained in the game, even playing a pair of shifts in overtime, as the Penguins prevailed for the shootout win.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12