Apr 10, 2014, 12:45 AM EDT
It looked like it could’ve been much worse.
Pittsburgh Penguins center Brandon Sutter fell awkwardly with Detroit Red Wings defenseman Brendan Smith while chasing the puck early in the third period. Smith fell on Sutter’s left leg, causing Sutter to throw his head back in obvious pain.
Sutter struggled to the bench and was seen in discomfort on the bench. However, he remained in the game, even playing a pair of shifts in overtime, as the Penguins prevailed for the shootout win.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)