Apr 10, 2014, 12:45 AM EDT
It looked like it could’ve been much worse.
Pittsburgh Penguins center Brandon Sutter fell awkwardly with Detroit Red Wings defenseman Brendan Smith while chasing the puck early in the third period. Smith fell on Sutter’s left leg, causing Sutter to throw his head back in obvious pain.
Sutter struggled to the bench and was seen in discomfort on the bench. However, he remained in the game, even playing a pair of shifts in overtime, as the Penguins prevailed for the shootout win.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 0
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 20
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22