Apr 10, 2014, 12:45 AM EDT
It looked like it could’ve been much worse.
Pittsburgh Penguins center Brandon Sutter fell awkwardly with Detroit Red Wings defenseman Brendan Smith while chasing the puck early in the third period. Smith fell on Sutter’s left leg, causing Sutter to throw his head back in obvious pain.
Sutter struggled to the bench and was seen in discomfort on the bench. However, he remained in the game, even playing a pair of shifts in overtime, as the Penguins prevailed for the shootout win.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 1
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 21
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)