Apr 10, 2014, 12:45 AM EDT
It looked like it could’ve been much worse.
Pittsburgh Penguins center Brandon Sutter fell awkwardly with Detroit Red Wings defenseman Brendan Smith while chasing the puck early in the third period. Smith fell on Sutter’s left leg, causing Sutter to throw his head back in obvious pain.
Sutter struggled to the bench and was seen in discomfort on the bench. However, he remained in the game, even playing a pair of shifts in overtime, as the Penguins prevailed for the shootout win.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)