Apr 10, 2014, 8:18 PM EST
The Boston Bruins are resting some workhorse players like defenseman Zdeno Chara and goalie Tuukka Rask, which really isn’t stunning news consider how little they have on the line against the Winnipeg Jets. Thursday’s eyebrow-raising update comes about Patrice Bergeron, who isn’t a healthy scratch:
Update: It turns out that it was more of logistical move to open up a spot for Ryan Spooner. Breathe easy, Bruins fans.
Bergeron, 28, has appeared in every Bruins regular season game in 2013-14 before today’s contest. It wouldn’t be shocking to see the Bruins center extending this break into the weekend (Boston plays on Saturday and Sunday).
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 3
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54