Apr 10, 2014, 8:18 PM EST
The Boston Bruins are resting some workhorse players like defenseman Zdeno Chara and goalie Tuukka Rask, which really isn’t stunning news consider how little they have on the line against the Winnipeg Jets. Thursday’s eyebrow-raising update comes about Patrice Bergeron, who isn’t a healthy scratch:
Update: It turns out that it was more of logistical move to open up a spot for Ryan Spooner. Breathe easy, Bruins fans.
Bergeron, 28, has appeared in every Bruins regular season game in 2013-14 before today’s contest. It wouldn’t be shocking to see the Bruins center extending this break into the weekend (Boston plays on Saturday and Sunday).
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46