Apr 10, 2014, 8:18 PM EST
The Boston Bruins are resting some workhorse players like defenseman Zdeno Chara and goalie Tuukka Rask, which really isn’t stunning news consider how little they have on the line against the Winnipeg Jets. Thursday’s eyebrow-raising update comes about Patrice Bergeron, who isn’t a healthy scratch:
Update: It turns out that it was more of logistical move to open up a spot for Ryan Spooner. Breathe easy, Bruins fans.
Bergeron, 28, has appeared in every Bruins regular season game in 2013-14 before today’s contest. It wouldn’t be shocking to see the Bruins center extending this break into the weekend (Boston plays on Saturday and Sunday).
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 3
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8