Apr 10, 2014, 8:18 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins are resting some workhorse players like defenseman Zdeno Chara and goalie Tuukka Rask, which really isn’t stunning news consider how little they have on the line against the Winnipeg Jets. Thursday’s eyebrow-raising update comes about Patrice Bergeron, who isn’t a healthy scratch:
Update: It turns out that it was more of logistical move to open up a spot for Ryan Spooner. Breathe easy, Bruins fans.
Bergeron, 28, has appeared in every Bruins regular season game in 2013-14 before today’s contest. It wouldn’t be shocking to see the Bruins center extending this break into the weekend (Boston plays on Saturday and Sunday).
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5