Apr 10, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
It’s unfamiliar territory for the Columbus Blue Jackets and their fans.
The Blue Jackets defeated the Dallas Stars on Wednesday night, securing a spot in the Stanley Cup playoffs for only the second time in franchise history. The last time they qualified for the post-season was in 2009, and they were swept by the Detroit Red Wings in the opening round.
Only four playoff games in the franchise’s history. Well, that’s about to change.
“It’s a huge step for our organization. And to me, it’s just a step. But we’re ready to take the next one,” said Blue Jackets head coach Todd Richards, as per the club’s official Twitter account.
Here’s some Twitter reaction from some Blue Jackets players:
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32