Apr 10, 2014, 12:11 AM EST
It’s unfamiliar territory for the Columbus Blue Jackets and their fans.
The Blue Jackets defeated the Dallas Stars on Wednesday night, securing a spot in the Stanley Cup playoffs for only the second time in franchise history. The last time they qualified for the post-season was in 2009, and they were swept by the Detroit Red Wings in the opening round.
Only four playoff games in the franchise’s history. Well, that’s about to change.
“It’s a huge step for our organization. And to me, it’s just a step. But we’re ready to take the next one,” said Blue Jackets head coach Todd Richards, as per the club’s official Twitter account.
Here’s some Twitter reaction from some Blue Jackets players:
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)