Apr 10, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
It’s unfamiliar territory for the Columbus Blue Jackets and their fans.
The Blue Jackets defeated the Dallas Stars on Wednesday night, securing a spot in the Stanley Cup playoffs for only the second time in franchise history. The last time they qualified for the post-season was in 2009, and they were swept by the Detroit Red Wings in the opening round.
Only four playoff games in the franchise’s history. Well, that’s about to change.
“It’s a huge step for our organization. And to me, it’s just a step. But we’re ready to take the next one,” said Blue Jackets head coach Todd Richards, as per the club’s official Twitter account.
Here’s some Twitter reaction from some Blue Jackets players:
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)