Apr 10, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
It’s unfamiliar territory for the Columbus Blue Jackets and their fans.
The Blue Jackets defeated the Dallas Stars on Wednesday night, securing a spot in the Stanley Cup playoffs for only the second time in franchise history. The last time they qualified for the post-season was in 2009, and they were swept by the Detroit Red Wings in the opening round.
Only four playoff games in the franchise’s history. Well, that’s about to change.
“It’s a huge step for our organization. And to me, it’s just a step. But we’re ready to take the next one,” said Blue Jackets head coach Todd Richards, as per the club’s official Twitter account.
Here’s some Twitter reaction from some Blue Jackets players:
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)