Apr 10, 2014, 4:32 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Flyers to start Emery
Ray Emery will play for the third time in six games tonight when the Flyers take on the Bolts in Tampa Bay.
Emery last suited up on Saturday — allowing four goals on 41 shots in a 5-2 loss to Boston — then watched as Steve Mason won back-to-back games against the Sabres and Panthers (Mason was great against Florida on Tuesday, stopping 38 of 40 shots.) In light of that, tonight’s game should be a big one for Emery; while Mason has racked up the wins lately, Emery hasn’t recorded a victory since Mar. 18.
Habs turn to Price to clinch
Montreal will get its first crack at clinching home ice advantage in the first round tonight — a win against the Islanders, coupled with any sort of loss by Tampa Bay, will ensure it for the Habs.
Thus, they’ll be going with Carey Price tonight.
Price returns to the net one night after Peter Budaj allowed three goals on 28 shots in an OT loss to Chicago. The Canadian netminder has been very good for Montreal since winning gold in Sochi, emerging victorious in seven of nine starts while posting a 2.57 GAA and .923 save percentage.
For the Islanders, Evgeni Nabokov will start tonight.
Sabres at Rangers: Matthew Hackett vs. Henrik Lundqvist
Leafs at Panthers: Drew MacIntyre vs. Roberto Luongo
Blues at Wild: Ryan Miller vs. John Curry
Bruins at Jets: Tuukka Rask vs. Michael Hutchinson
Kings at Oilers: Viktor Fasth for Edmonton; no word on a L.A. starter.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8