Apr 10, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Flyers to start Emery
Ray Emery will play for the third time in six games tonight when the Flyers take on the Bolts in Tampa Bay.
Emery last suited up on Saturday — allowing four goals on 41 shots in a 5-2 loss to Boston — then watched as Steve Mason won back-to-back games against the Sabres and Panthers (Mason was great against Florida on Tuesday, stopping 38 of 40 shots.) In light of that, tonight’s game should be a big one for Emery; while Mason has racked up the wins lately, Emery hasn’t recorded a victory since Mar. 18.
Habs turn to Price to clinch
Montreal will get its first crack at clinching home ice advantage in the first round tonight — a win against the Islanders, coupled with any sort of loss by Tampa Bay, will ensure it for the Habs.
Thus, they’ll be going with Carey Price tonight.
Price returns to the net one night after Peter Budaj allowed three goals on 28 shots in an OT loss to Chicago. The Canadian netminder has been very good for Montreal since winning gold in Sochi, emerging victorious in seven of nine starts while posting a 2.57 GAA and .923 save percentage.
For the Islanders, Evgeni Nabokov will start tonight.
Sabres at Rangers: Matthew Hackett vs. Henrik Lundqvist
Leafs at Panthers: Drew MacIntyre vs. Roberto Luongo
Blues at Wild: Ryan Miller vs. John Curry
Bruins at Jets: Tuukka Rask vs. Michael Hutchinson
Kings at Oilers: Viktor Fasth for Edmonton; no word on a L.A. starter.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 3
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 35
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)