Apr 10, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Flyers to start Emery
Ray Emery will play for the third time in six games tonight when the Flyers take on the Bolts in Tampa Bay.
Emery last suited up on Saturday — allowing four goals on 41 shots in a 5-2 loss to Boston — then watched as Steve Mason won back-to-back games against the Sabres and Panthers (Mason was great against Florida on Tuesday, stopping 38 of 40 shots.) In light of that, tonight’s game should be a big one for Emery; while Mason has racked up the wins lately, Emery hasn’t recorded a victory since Mar. 18.
Habs turn to Price to clinch
Montreal will get its first crack at clinching home ice advantage in the first round tonight — a win against the Islanders, coupled with any sort of loss by Tampa Bay, will ensure it for the Habs.
Thus, they’ll be going with Carey Price tonight.
Price returns to the net one night after Peter Budaj allowed three goals on 28 shots in an OT loss to Chicago. The Canadian netminder has been very good for Montreal since winning gold in Sochi, emerging victorious in seven of nine starts while posting a 2.57 GAA and .923 save percentage.
For the Islanders, Evgeni Nabokov will start tonight.
Sabres at Rangers: Matthew Hackett vs. Henrik Lundqvist
Leafs at Panthers: Drew MacIntyre vs. Roberto Luongo
Blues at Wild: Ryan Miller vs. John Curry
Bruins at Jets: Tuukka Rask vs. Michael Hutchinson
Kings at Oilers: Viktor Fasth for Edmonton; no word on a L.A. starter.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)