Apr 10, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Flyers to start Emery
Ray Emery will play for the third time in six games tonight when the Flyers take on the Bolts in Tampa Bay.
Emery last suited up on Saturday — allowing four goals on 41 shots in a 5-2 loss to Boston — then watched as Steve Mason won back-to-back games against the Sabres and Panthers (Mason was great against Florida on Tuesday, stopping 38 of 40 shots.) In light of that, tonight’s game should be a big one for Emery; while Mason has racked up the wins lately, Emery hasn’t recorded a victory since Mar. 18.
Habs turn to Price to clinch
Montreal will get its first crack at clinching home ice advantage in the first round tonight — a win against the Islanders, coupled with any sort of loss by Tampa Bay, will ensure it for the Habs.
Thus, they’ll be going with Carey Price tonight.
Price returns to the net one night after Peter Budaj allowed three goals on 28 shots in an OT loss to Chicago. The Canadian netminder has been very good for Montreal since winning gold in Sochi, emerging victorious in seven of nine starts while posting a 2.57 GAA and .923 save percentage.
For the Islanders, Evgeni Nabokov will start tonight.
Sabres at Rangers: Matthew Hackett vs. Henrik Lundqvist
Leafs at Panthers: Drew MacIntyre vs. Roberto Luongo
Blues at Wild: Ryan Miller vs. John Curry
Bruins at Jets: Tuukka Rask vs. Michael Hutchinson
Kings at Oilers: Viktor Fasth for Edmonton; no word on a L.A. starter.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)