Apr 10, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
The Blues are reeling lately — 5-5-0 in their last 10, losers of three straight — and have seen their once-comfortable lead atop the Central Division whittled away to just two points. Colorado heads into tonight’s action with 109 points to St. Louis’ 111, and each team has three games remaining in the regular season.
(The Avs also hold the regulation/overtime wins tiebreaker over St. Louis, 46 to 43.)
Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock wasn’t offering much in the way of details regarding Backes’ injury, telling the Post-Dispatch his captain “is going to be out for potentially three games and then play,” suggesting Backes might be shut down and rested for the playoffs. Backes was seen in a walking boot today, the byproduct of taking an Alex Steen shot off his foot during a 4-1 loss to Washington.
Anyway, back to the playoff jockeying. Here some info as to how the Central Division might play out over the next few days…
St. Louis (3): at Minnesota, at Dallas, Detroit
Colorado (3): at Vancouver, at San Jose, at Anaheim
Chicago (2): at Washington, at Nashville
Up for grabs, really.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 18
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13