Apr 10, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
The Blues are reeling lately — 5-5-0 in their last 10, losers of three straight — and have seen their once-comfortable lead atop the Central Division whittled away to just two points. Colorado heads into tonight’s action with 109 points to St. Louis’ 111, and each team has three games remaining in the regular season.
(The Avs also hold the regulation/overtime wins tiebreaker over St. Louis, 46 to 43.)
Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock wasn’t offering much in the way of details regarding Backes’ injury, telling the Post-Dispatch his captain “is going to be out for potentially three games and then play,” suggesting Backes might be shut down and rested for the playoffs. Backes was seen in a walking boot today, the byproduct of taking an Alex Steen shot off his foot during a 4-1 loss to Washington.
Anyway, back to the playoff jockeying. Here some info as to how the Central Division might play out over the next few days…
St. Louis (3): at Minnesota, at Dallas, Detroit
Colorado (3): at Vancouver, at San Jose, at Anaheim
Chicago (2): at Washington, at Nashville
Up for grabs, really.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)