Apr 10, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
The Blues are reeling lately — 5-5-0 in their last 10, losers of three straight — and have seen their once-comfortable lead atop the Central Division whittled away to just two points. Colorado heads into tonight’s action with 109 points to St. Louis’ 111, and each team has three games remaining in the regular season.
(The Avs also hold the regulation/overtime wins tiebreaker over St. Louis, 46 to 43.)
Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock wasn’t offering much in the way of details regarding Backes’ injury, telling the Post-Dispatch his captain “is going to be out for potentially three games and then play,” suggesting Backes might be shut down and rested for the playoffs. Backes was seen in a walking boot today, the byproduct of taking an Alex Steen shot off his foot during a 4-1 loss to Washington.
Anyway, back to the playoff jockeying. Here some info as to how the Central Division might play out over the next few days…
St. Louis (3): at Minnesota, at Dallas, Detroit
Colorado (3): at Vancouver, at San Jose, at Anaheim
Chicago (2): at Washington, at Nashville
Up for grabs, really.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)