Apr 9, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
From Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos, one day after the Toronto Maple Leafs were eliminated from playoff contention, completing one of the most epic regular-season collapses in recent memory:
If true, it’s not clear what it could mean for general manager Dave Nonis. It’s possible Leiweke could be recruiting the NHL’s current disciplinarian for a position like president of hockey operations. In that case, Nonis could theoretically remain GM, though Shanahan would have the final say in hockey-related matters.
Whatever happens, it’s hard to believe there won’t be significant change this offseason in Toronto. Front office. Coaching staff. Players. All aspects will need to be evaluated.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 5
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9