Apr 9, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
From Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos, one day after the Toronto Maple Leafs were eliminated from playoff contention, completing one of the most epic regular-season collapses in recent memory:
If true, it’s not clear what it could mean for general manager Dave Nonis. It’s possible Leiweke could be recruiting the NHL’s current disciplinarian for a position like president of hockey operations. In that case, Nonis could theoretically remain GM, though Shanahan would have the final say in hockey-related matters.
Whatever happens, it’s hard to believe there won’t be significant change this offseason in Toronto. Front office. Coaching staff. Players. All aspects will need to be evaluated.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54