Apr 9, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
Penguins GM Ray Shero made the announcement this morning saying Letang would be back on the ice when the Penguins host the Detroit Red Wings (8 p.m. on NBCSN) after missing 20 games when he suffered a stroke in late January. The last time he suited up was January 27 against Buffalo.
In 34 games this season, Letang has 10 goals and eight assists but his return means the Penguins are getting their No. 1 defenseman back in time for the postseason. Aside from Paul Martin, Letang sees the most minutes of ice time on the team at 24:13 per game. Giving those minutes to other players
Provided he doesn’t have any setbacks with his health, the Penguins just got a major boost heading into the postseason.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20