Apr 9, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
His options are down to tomorrow in Edmonton and Saturday at home versus Anaheim. He won’t play tonight in Calgary, according to the Los Angeles Times.
“It’s important to get a game under you — if you can — just before playoffs,” Doughty said this morning.
“Even just taking a game off, you kind of lose it. Sometimes that first or second shift is a difference maker. If you’re slacking at one point during that shift, they could score a goal and that could be the winner.
“Ideally, if I could get in a game before the playoffs, that’d be great.”
The Kings are likely to face San Jose in the first round, though a match-up with Ducks remains a possibility.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 5
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)