Apr 9, 2014, 5:40 PM EST
His options are down to tomorrow in Edmonton and Saturday at home versus Anaheim. He won’t play tonight in Calgary, according to the Los Angeles Times.
“It’s important to get a game under you — if you can — just before playoffs,” Doughty said this morning.
“Even just taking a game off, you kind of lose it. Sometimes that first or second shift is a difference maker. If you’re slacking at one point during that shift, they could score a goal and that could be the winner.
“Ideally, if I could get in a game before the playoffs, that’d be great.”
The Kings are likely to face San Jose in the first round, though a match-up with Ducks remains a possibility.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)