Apr 9, 2014, 5:40 PM EST
His options are down to tomorrow in Edmonton and Saturday at home versus Anaheim. He won’t play tonight in Calgary, according to the Los Angeles Times.
“It’s important to get a game under you — if you can — just before playoffs,” Doughty said this morning.
“Even just taking a game off, you kind of lose it. Sometimes that first or second shift is a difference maker. If you’re slacking at one point during that shift, they could score a goal and that could be the winner.
“Ideally, if I could get in a game before the playoffs, that’d be great.”
The Kings are likely to face San Jose in the first round, though a match-up with Ducks remains a possibility.
- Report: Connolly suffers broken finger in Bruins practice 1
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 9
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)