Apr 9, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
His options are down to tomorrow in Edmonton and Saturday at home versus Anaheim. He won’t play tonight in Calgary, according to the Los Angeles Times.
“It’s important to get a game under you — if you can — just before playoffs,” Doughty said this morning.
“Even just taking a game off, you kind of lose it. Sometimes that first or second shift is a difference maker. If you’re slacking at one point during that shift, they could score a goal and that could be the winner.
“Ideally, if I could get in a game before the playoffs, that’d be great.”
The Kings are likely to face San Jose in the first round, though a match-up with Ducks remains a possibility.
- Risk Factors: Philadelphia Flyers edition 2
- Risk Factors: St. Louis Blues edition 10
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 18
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Pittsburgh releases Daniel Carcillo from tryout (26)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)