Apr 9, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
Which makes for a pretty unique story.
Tonight’s game is a makeup for the postponed Mar. 10 contest between the Jackets and Stars — called off following Rich Peverley‘s collapse due to a cardiac event — and the game will start 1-0 in Columbus’ favor…thanks to the goal Horton scored early in the first period.
So, in short, Horton scored in a game he didn’t play.
More on the details, from the Dallas Morning News:
[Horton] will be credited with a goal at the 0:00 mark of the make-up game. In addition, Matt Calvert and James Wisniewski get assists. All other statistics will be expunged. [Tim] Thomas will not be charged with a goal against, and there will be no record of minutes played or shots on goal.
The Jackets need just two more points to clinch the second-ever playoff berth in franchise history, and can get those points tonight — but it won’t be easy without Horton. He returned from a four-game absence on Tuesday and made an immediate impact, playing on the top line with Boone Jenner and Ryan Johansen while assisting on Jenner’s game-opening tally.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 3
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 12
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33