Apr 9, 2014, 8:49 PM EDT
It’s unclear exactly what Galchenyuk hurt or how it occurred, but it’s believed to be a lower-body issue. He finished with just 1:10 of ice time.
The No. 3 overall pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, Galchenyuk has 13 goals and 31 points in 64 games for the Habs this year, missing 15 games earlier in the season with a broken hand. He had been playing well of late and looked to be gaining momentum for the playoffs, having scored three points in his last three contests prior to the Chicago game.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 21
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 33
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 27
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6