Apr 9, 2014, 8:49 PM EST
It’s unclear exactly what Galchenyuk hurt or how it occurred, but it’s believed to be a lower-body issue. He finished with just 1:10 of ice time.
The No. 3 overall pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, Galchenyuk has 13 goals and 31 points in 64 games for the Habs this year, missing 15 games earlier in the season with a broken hand. He had been playing well of late and looked to be gaining momentum for the playoffs, having scored three points in his last three contests prior to the Chicago game.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 55
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12