Apr 9, 2014, 11:04 AM EDT
In a matter of hours, Trevor Linden could be introduced as the new president of the Vancouver Canucks. Or, it could be former Hockey Canada boss Bob Nicholson who gets the president gig, with Linden becoming the new general manager.
We’ll find out soon enough, as the Canucks have a press conference at 10:30 a.m. local time (1:30 p.m. ET). The only participant we know for sure will be there is owner Francesco Aquilini.
Yesterday, Mike Gillis was fired as president and GM of the Canucks, leading to all sorts of speculation about his potential replacement, or replacements.
Said Aquilini in a release: “The Vancouver Canucks had success under Mike’s leadership, and we nearly reached our ultimate goal; but I believe we have reached a point where a change in leadership and new voice is needed.”
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 0
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (45)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)