Apr 9, 2014, 11:04 AM EST
In a matter of hours, Trevor Linden could be introduced as the new president of the Vancouver Canucks. Or, it could be former Hockey Canada boss Bob Nicholson who gets the president gig, with Linden becoming the new general manager.
We’ll find out soon enough, as the Canucks have a press conference at 10:30 a.m. local time (1:30 p.m. ET). The only participant we know for sure will be there is owner Francesco Aquilini.
Yesterday, Mike Gillis was fired as president and GM of the Canucks, leading to all sorts of speculation about his potential replacement, or replacements.
Said Aquilini in a release: “The Vancouver Canucks had success under Mike’s leadership, and we nearly reached our ultimate goal; but I believe we have reached a point where a change in leadership and new voice is needed.”
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 33
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 20
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (154)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)