Apr 9, 2014, 11:04 AM EDT
In a matter of hours, Trevor Linden could be introduced as the new president of the Vancouver Canucks. Or, it could be former Hockey Canada boss Bob Nicholson who gets the president gig, with Linden becoming the new general manager.
We’ll find out soon enough, as the Canucks have a press conference at 10:30 a.m. local time (1:30 p.m. ET). The only participant we know for sure will be there is owner Francesco Aquilini.
Yesterday, Mike Gillis was fired as president and GM of the Canucks, leading to all sorts of speculation about his potential replacement, or replacements.
Said Aquilini in a release: “The Vancouver Canucks had success under Mike’s leadership, and we nearly reached our ultimate goal; but I believe we have reached a point where a change in leadership and new voice is needed.”
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 6
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)