Apr 9, 2014, 11:04 AM EST
In a matter of hours, Trevor Linden could be introduced as the new president of the Vancouver Canucks. Or, it could be former Hockey Canada boss Bob Nicholson who gets the president gig, with Linden becoming the new general manager.
We’ll find out soon enough, as the Canucks have a press conference at 10:30 a.m. local time (1:30 p.m. ET). The only participant we know for sure will be there is owner Francesco Aquilini.
Yesterday, Mike Gillis was fired as president and GM of the Canucks, leading to all sorts of speculation about his potential replacement, or replacements.
Said Aquilini in a release: “The Vancouver Canucks had success under Mike’s leadership, and we nearly reached our ultimate goal; but I believe we have reached a point where a change in leadership and new voice is needed.”
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11