Apr 9, 2014, 11:04 AM EDT
In a matter of hours, Trevor Linden could be introduced as the new president of the Vancouver Canucks. Or, it could be former Hockey Canada boss Bob Nicholson who gets the president gig, with Linden becoming the new general manager.
We’ll find out soon enough, as the Canucks have a press conference at 10:30 a.m. local time (1:30 p.m. ET). The only participant we know for sure will be there is owner Francesco Aquilini.
Yesterday, Mike Gillis was fired as president and GM of the Canucks, leading to all sorts of speculation about his potential replacement, or replacements.
Said Aquilini in a release: “The Vancouver Canucks had success under Mike’s leadership, and we nearly reached our ultimate goal; but I believe we have reached a point where a change in leadership and new voice is needed.”
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)