Apr 9, 2014, 11:44 AM EST
Three straight regulation losses. Four in the last six games. Six in the last 11. The St. Louis Blues, a team many have been picking to win the Stanley Cup, are going through a tough stretch, and with the playoffs right around the corner.
“It’s been pretty smooth sailing for us through the year,” said veteran Brenden Morrow after last night’s 4-1 home defeat to Washington, per the Post-Dispatch. “Now we’re finding some adversity, and now we’re going to find out what we’re made of.”
Despite the loss, the Blues still dominated the Capitals in terms of puck possession, as this chart from Extra Skater shows:
In fact, Washington only managed 22 shots on Ryan Miller, with four of them going in. It was the second straight tough outing for Miller, who was traded from Buffalo to St. Louis at the deadline. On Saturday, he allowed four goals on 29 shots in a 4-0 loss to Colorado.
Offensively, meanwhile, the Blues have managed just five goals in their last five games.
St. Louis plays the Wild in Minnesota on Thursday.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 0
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)