Apr 8, 2014, 6:56 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues host the Washington Capitals in a game that means a whole lot more for the visiting team on Tuesday. You can follow the action on NBCSN or via the live stream link below.
The Blues won’t face former goalie Jaroslav Halak tonight, which is certainly a surprise to some. They will get high-scoring winger Alexander Steen back after he missed three games with an upper-body injury. St. Louis hopes to increase its leads in the Western Conference and Central Division and chase the Boston Bruins in seeding races tonight.
Things are far more serious for the Capitals, on the other hand. The Capitals would be eliminated from the playoffs if they lose in regulation and the Detroit Red Wings and Columbus Blue Jackets win their games. As you can see from that latter part, Washington will need outside help to keep its playoff hopes alive, but most importantly, the Caps need to take care of business. Doing so against the Blues will be easier said than done, however.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)