Apr 8, 2014, 6:56 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues host the Washington Capitals in a game that means a whole lot more for the visiting team on Tuesday. You can follow the action on NBCSN or via the live stream link below.
The Blues won’t face former goalie Jaroslav Halak tonight, which is certainly a surprise to some. They will get high-scoring winger Alexander Steen back after he missed three games with an upper-body injury. St. Louis hopes to increase its leads in the Western Conference and Central Division and chase the Boston Bruins in seeding races tonight.
Things are far more serious for the Capitals, on the other hand. The Capitals would be eliminated from the playoffs if they lose in regulation and the Detroit Red Wings and Columbus Blue Jackets win their games. As you can see from that latter part, Washington will need outside help to keep its playoff hopes alive, but most importantly, the Caps need to take care of business. Doing so against the Blues will be easier said than done, however.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)