Apr 8, 2014, 6:56 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues host the Washington Capitals in a game that means a whole lot more for the visiting team on Tuesday. You can follow the action on NBCSN or via the live stream link below.
The Blues won’t face former goalie Jaroslav Halak tonight, which is certainly a surprise to some. They will get high-scoring winger Alexander Steen back after he missed three games with an upper-body injury. St. Louis hopes to increase its leads in the Western Conference and Central Division and chase the Boston Bruins in seeding races tonight.
Things are far more serious for the Capitals, on the other hand. The Capitals would be eliminated from the playoffs if they lose in regulation and the Detroit Red Wings and Columbus Blue Jackets win their games. As you can see from that latter part, Washington will need outside help to keep its playoff hopes alive, but most importantly, the Caps need to take care of business. Doing so against the Blues will be easier said than done, however.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8