Apr 8, 2014, 6:56 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues host the Washington Capitals in a game that means a whole lot more for the visiting team on Tuesday. You can follow the action on NBCSN or via the live stream link below.
The Blues won’t face former goalie Jaroslav Halak tonight, which is certainly a surprise to some. They will get high-scoring winger Alexander Steen back after he missed three games with an upper-body injury. St. Louis hopes to increase its leads in the Western Conference and Central Division and chase the Boston Bruins in seeding races tonight.
Things are far more serious for the Capitals, on the other hand. The Capitals would be eliminated from the playoffs if they lose in regulation and the Detroit Red Wings and Columbus Blue Jackets win their games. As you can see from that latter part, Washington will need outside help to keep its playoff hopes alive, but most importantly, the Caps need to take care of business. Doing so against the Blues will be easier said than done, however.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 20
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)