Apr 8, 2014, 6:56 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues host the Washington Capitals in a game that means a whole lot more for the visiting team on Tuesday. You can follow the action on NBCSN or via the live stream link below.
The Blues won’t face former goalie Jaroslav Halak tonight, which is certainly a surprise to some. They will get high-scoring winger Alexander Steen back after he missed three games with an upper-body injury. St. Louis hopes to increase its leads in the Western Conference and Central Division and chase the Boston Bruins in seeding races tonight.
Things are far more serious for the Capitals, on the other hand. The Capitals would be eliminated from the playoffs if they lose in regulation and the Detroit Red Wings and Columbus Blue Jackets win their games. As you can see from that latter part, Washington will need outside help to keep its playoff hopes alive, but most importantly, the Caps need to take care of business. Doing so against the Blues will be easier said than done, however.
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 9
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 10
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)