Apr 8, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin seems primed to be remembered as the most prolific goal producer of his era … and easily the most criticized snipers as well.
However you feel about the Washington Capitals star and his constantly critiqued defense/leadership/[insert intangibles], one cannot debate the fact that he is now a five-time 50+ goal scorer. Not bad for a guy who’s only 28.
Ovechkin hit the 50-goal mark against the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday:
We’ll know by the end of this week if Ovechkin ends up being the only player who manages to cross the 50-goal mark this season. As of this writing, Corey Perry is the only scorer who crossed the 40-goal threshold; he has 42 with three games left with the Anaheim Ducks.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)