Apr 8, 2014, 6:29 PM EST
Steen, 30, leads the Blues with 33 goals and is tied for the most points this season with 66, prompting head coach Ken Hitchcock to provide NHL.com with a rather simple explanation for why he’s returning to the lineup.
“This was the player’s call and the trainer’s call,” Hitchcock said. “When they leaned over the boards and said, ‘I’m good to go,’ I think it’s my obligation considering he’s had an unbelievable year and he’s been our best player most nights. I’d be smart to put him in, so I’m pretty smart and putting him in.”
While the Capitals fight for their playoff lives, the Blues hope to fatten their lead for the top seed in the West (and the Central Division) while also hoping to catch the Boston Bruins for the Presidents’ Trophy. You can catch coverage of the game on NBCSN and via this live stream link tonight.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15