Apr 8, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
Steen, 30, leads the Blues with 33 goals and is tied for the most points this season with 66, prompting head coach Ken Hitchcock to provide NHL.com with a rather simple explanation for why he’s returning to the lineup.
“This was the player’s call and the trainer’s call,” Hitchcock said. “When they leaned over the boards and said, ‘I’m good to go,’ I think it’s my obligation considering he’s had an unbelievable year and he’s been our best player most nights. I’d be smart to put him in, so I’m pretty smart and putting him in.”
While the Capitals fight for their playoff lives, the Blues hope to fatten their lead for the top seed in the West (and the Central Division) while also hoping to catch the Boston Bruins for the Presidents’ Trophy. You can catch coverage of the game on NBCSN and via this live stream link tonight.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13