Apr 8, 2014, 8:02 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Could it actually be to the Chicago Blackhawks’ advantage if the Colorado Avalanche start their first round series at home? (CSN Chicago)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $120,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Thursday’s NHL games. It’s $100 to join and first prize is $15,000. Starts Thursday at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Loui Eriksson, in large part due to concussion problems, hasn’t had the debut season he was looking for with Boston, but he’s been great lately and is set to be a big factor in the playoffs. (CSN New England)
The Toronto Maple Leafs, which at one point looked like a safe bet to make the playoffs, might be officially eliminated tonight. (Toronto Sun)
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 5
- In praise of John Tavares 13
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36