Apr 8, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
From the Miami Herald, which also provided the image you see:
The Panthers had a huge curtain cutting off part of the end zone at Tuesday’s morning skate and it looks like that may be a sign of things to come.
According to the team website, seats in those sections aren’t being offered as part of any season ticket plan. As you can see from the chart below, season ticket sales end at Section 306 and resume in 313*. It also appears the tarps are staying as ‘Goal Zone’ seats will only be sold up to row 10.
Click on the link for more information, including a season-ticket pricing chart that will make many NHL fans jealous. (Lowers for $25 a game? Yep.)
The Panthers’ attendance has been a source of embarrassment for the club. Officially, the average crowd this season has been 14,623, the third lowest in the NHL. But the announced number often appears inflated, with as many, or more, empty seats as filled ones.
According to Wikipedia, the BB&T Center’s capacity for hockey is 19,250, making it one of the bigger rinks in the NHL.
Cutting down the capacity with curtains and tarps doesn’t look great — especially while the club is asking for financial assistance from the county — but it may help improve the atmosphere in the rink while making tickets a slightly hotter commodity.
The Panthers have three home games left this season, starting tonight versus Philadelphia.
Yes, tickets are available.
- Selanne offers harsh criticism of Boudreau’s handling of him 0
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 7
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 9
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 19
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)