Apr 8, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
From the Miami Herald, which also provided the image you see:
The Panthers had a huge curtain cutting off part of the end zone at Tuesday’s morning skate and it looks like that may be a sign of things to come.
According to the team website, seats in those sections aren’t being offered as part of any season ticket plan. As you can see from the chart below, season ticket sales end at Section 306 and resume in 313*. It also appears the tarps are staying as ‘Goal Zone’ seats will only be sold up to row 10.
Click on the link for more information, including a season-ticket pricing chart that will make many NHL fans jealous. (Lowers for $25 a game? Yep.)
The Panthers’ attendance has been a source of embarrassment for the club. Officially, the average crowd this season has been 14,623, the third lowest in the NHL. But the announced number often appears inflated, with as many, or more, empty seats as filled ones.
According to Wikipedia, the BB&T Center’s capacity for hockey is 19,250, making it one of the bigger rinks in the NHL.
Cutting down the capacity with curtains and tarps doesn’t look great — especially while the club is asking for financial assistance from the county — but it may help improve the atmosphere in the rink while making tickets a slightly hotter commodity.
The Panthers have three home games left this season, starting tonight versus Philadelphia.
Yes, tickets are available.
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 14
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 31
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)