Apr 8, 2014, 2:51 PM EST
From the Miami Herald, which also provided the image you see:
The Panthers had a huge curtain cutting off part of the end zone at Tuesday’s morning skate and it looks like that may be a sign of things to come.
According to the team website, seats in those sections aren’t being offered as part of any season ticket plan. As you can see from the chart below, season ticket sales end at Section 306 and resume in 313*. It also appears the tarps are staying as ‘Goal Zone’ seats will only be sold up to row 10.
Click on the link for more information, including a season-ticket pricing chart that will make many NHL fans jealous. (Lowers for $25 a game? Yep.)
The Panthers’ attendance has been a source of embarrassment for the club. Officially, the average crowd this season has been 14,623, the third lowest in the NHL. But the announced number often appears inflated, with as many, or more, empty seats as filled ones.
According to Wikipedia, the BB&T Center’s capacity for hockey is 19,250, making it one of the bigger rinks in the NHL.
Cutting down the capacity with curtains and tarps doesn’t look great — especially while the club is asking for financial assistance from the county — but it may help improve the atmosphere in the rink while making tickets a slightly hotter commodity.
The Panthers have three home games left this season, starting tonight versus Philadelphia.
Yes, tickets are available.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)