Apr 8, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
From the Miami Herald, which also provided the image you see:
The Panthers had a huge curtain cutting off part of the end zone at Tuesday’s morning skate and it looks like that may be a sign of things to come.
According to the team website, seats in those sections aren’t being offered as part of any season ticket plan. As you can see from the chart below, season ticket sales end at Section 306 and resume in 313*. It also appears the tarps are staying as ‘Goal Zone’ seats will only be sold up to row 10.
Click on the link for more information, including a season-ticket pricing chart that will make many NHL fans jealous. (Lowers for $25 a game? Yep.)
The Panthers’ attendance has been a source of embarrassment for the club. Officially, the average crowd this season has been 14,623, the third lowest in the NHL. But the announced number often appears inflated, with as many, or more, empty seats as filled ones.
According to Wikipedia, the BB&T Center’s capacity for hockey is 19,250, making it one of the bigger rinks in the NHL.
Cutting down the capacity with curtains and tarps doesn’t look great — especially while the club is asking for financial assistance from the county — but it may help improve the atmosphere in the rink while making tickets a slightly hotter commodity.
The Panthers have three home games left this season, starting tonight versus Philadelphia.
Yes, tickets are available.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)