Apr 8, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
It’s unclear if the Florida Panthers have been an occasional upset threat by design or by acquiring Roberto Luongo, but the bottom line is that they’ve been more of a threat than their sad record might indicate (just ask the desperate Dallas Stars). One could argue that the Philadelphia Flyers may breathe a little easier on Tuesday, then, as the Miami Herald’s George Richards reports that Luongo is missing the game because of a lower-body injury.
In 12 games with the Panthers, the 35-year-old goalie might not have the greatest record (5-6-1), yet his individual stats are nice, as he has a .923 save percentage and 2.45 GAA.
Florida is trotting out solid journeyman goalie Dan Ellis tonight, so it’s not like it should be a total cakewalk for Philly.
Any form of win would clinch a playoff berth for the Flyers.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 11
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 10
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 25
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 55
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)