Apr 8, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
It’s unclear if the Florida Panthers have been an occasional upset threat by design or by acquiring Roberto Luongo, but the bottom line is that they’ve been more of a threat than their sad record might indicate (just ask the desperate Dallas Stars). One could argue that the Philadelphia Flyers may breathe a little easier on Tuesday, then, as the Miami Herald’s George Richards reports that Luongo is missing the game because of a lower-body injury.
In 12 games with the Panthers, the 35-year-old goalie might not have the greatest record (5-6-1), yet his individual stats are nice, as he has a .923 save percentage and 2.45 GAA.
Florida is trotting out solid journeyman goalie Dan Ellis tonight, so it’s not like it should be a total cakewalk for Philly.
Any form of win would clinch a playoff berth for the Flyers.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 8
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6