Apr 8, 2014, 12:39 PM EDT
Former Canucks captain Trevor Linden has refuted rumors that he could return to his former club in an executive capacity, perhaps as president.
The Province newspaper has a transcript of Linden’s interview on Global TV this morning.
“I haven’t (talked to the Canucks about a job),” he said. “I think it’s interesting…when teams struggle, there’s lots of speculation.”
He added: “I’m enjoying running my (fitness) clubs. Our fitness business has been successful, we’re launching a great new concept right now. Enjoying life.”
Whether Linden was being entirely truthful, we’ll know soon enough. But at this point, it remains anyone’s guess what ownership will do. General manager Mike Gillis and head coach John Tortorella could both be fired; they could both be back; or one could be back, the other gone. Without a direct line to the Aquilinis, it’s impossible to cut through all the noise and say definitively what’s going to happen.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)