Apr 8, 2014, 12:39 PM EST
Former Canucks captain Trevor Linden has refuted rumors that he could return to his former club in an executive capacity, perhaps as president.
The Province newspaper has a transcript of Linden’s interview on Global TV this morning.
“I haven’t (talked to the Canucks about a job),” he said. “I think it’s interesting…when teams struggle, there’s lots of speculation.”
He added: “I’m enjoying running my (fitness) clubs. Our fitness business has been successful, we’re launching a great new concept right now. Enjoying life.”
Whether Linden was being entirely truthful, we’ll know soon enough. But at this point, it remains anyone’s guess what ownership will do. General manager Mike Gillis and head coach John Tortorella could both be fired; they could both be back; or one could be back, the other gone. Without a direct line to the Aquilinis, it’s impossible to cut through all the noise and say definitively what’s going to happen.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)