Apr 8, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
Update: The early murmurs aren’t optimistic, but nothing’s official other than the fact that Ben Bishop isn’t expected to play on Thursday:
There’s some good early news for the Tampa Bay Lightning for Ben Bishop: he was able to (eventually) leave the ice after an awkward fall during Tuesday’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs. The bad news is that such a fact doesn’t mean that he’ll avoid missing time with his injury.
Generally, it’s not a good sign when even your team’s account describes a fall as “awkward.”
The latest update is that it’s currently labeled an upper-body injury and that he won’t return.
Multiple observers believe that the 27-year-old may have injured his shoulder.
Again, though, it’s early. Things could be better or worse than they looked. PHT will keep an eye out for updates as Lightning fans keep their fingers crossed (because if this regular season has been any indication, there’s a significant drop-off from Bishop to Anders Lindback).
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals reportedly sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 6
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 39
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 20
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 23
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 130
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (130)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)