Apr 8, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
Update: The early murmurs aren’t optimistic, but nothing’s official other than the fact that Ben Bishop isn’t expected to play on Thursday:
There’s some good early news for the Tampa Bay Lightning for Ben Bishop: he was able to (eventually) leave the ice after an awkward fall during Tuesday’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs. The bad news is that such a fact doesn’t mean that he’ll avoid missing time with his injury.
Generally, it’s not a good sign when even your team’s account describes a fall as “awkward.”
The latest update is that it’s currently labeled an upper-body injury and that he won’t return.
Multiple observers believe that the 27-year-old may have injured his shoulder.
Again, though, it’s early. Things could be better or worse than they looked. PHT will keep an eye out for updates as Lightning fans keep their fingers crossed (because if this regular season has been any indication, there’s a significant drop-off from Bishop to Anders Lindback).
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)