Apr 8, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs are fighting off elimination as they face the Tampa Bay Lightning, but they’ll do so without a key forward.
Some wonder if we’ll see Bolland, 27, play again this season.
In case you’re wondering, the Leafs could be eliminated two ways tonight:
- By losing in regulation while the Columbus Blue Jackets gain a point.
- If they lose in OT or a shootout, the Blue Jackets win and the Detroit Red Wings gain a point.
The Maple Leafs will need to dig deep, and even then, they’ll need plenty of help to keep their playoff hopes alive.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 34
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22