Apr 8, 2014, 4:14 PM EDT
Lewis, 27, has appeared in 70 games for L.A. this season, scoring a career-high six goals. He was the Kings’ first-round pick at the 2006 NHL Entry Draft and, this past summer, was selected to participated at USA Hockey’s Olympic orientation camp, one of just 24 forwards invited.
Lewis also helped the Kings capture the Stanley Cup in 2012, scoring nine points in 20 games while averaging nearly 16 minutes a night.
No word yet on the financials for Lewis, a pending UFA that played this season on a one-year, $1.325 million deal.
Update: Two years, $3.05 million for Lewis, per LA Kings Insider — a $1.525 million annual cap hit.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5