Apr 8, 2014, 4:14 PM EDT
Lewis, 27, has appeared in 70 games for L.A. this season, scoring a career-high six goals. He was the Kings’ first-round pick at the 2006 NHL Entry Draft and, this past summer, was selected to participated at USA Hockey’s Olympic orientation camp, one of just 24 forwards invited.
Lewis also helped the Kings capture the Stanley Cup in 2012, scoring nine points in 20 games while averaging nearly 16 minutes a night.
No word yet on the financials for Lewis, a pending UFA that played this season on a one-year, $1.325 million deal.
Update: Two years, $3.05 million for Lewis, per LA Kings Insider — a $1.525 million annual cap hit.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 18
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9