Apr 8, 2014, 1:48 PM EST
Fowler, 22, has missed the last 12 games with an MCL sprain and is hoping to draw back into the Ducks lineup either on Wednesday (versus San Jose) or for one of the team’s final two games over the weekend — Saturday in Los Angeles, or Sunday at home against Colorado.
“Sometimes you don’t know what you’ve got ’til it’s gone. Cam is one of those guys,” Boudreau said, per the Register. “He doesn’t put up unbelievable numbers. But he plays against the other team’s best offensive players.
“He can skate. And on the power play, he moves the puck. He’s been a hard guy for our team to replace. Probably as hard as anybody to replace.”
Fowler was enjoying a fantastic season in Anaheim prior to getting hurt, leading all Ducks defensemen in a number of significant statistical categories: TOI per game (24:54), points (36), power-play points (15) and takeaways (24). He also sat third on the club in blocked shots (118) and was a key member of the defense for the U.S. team that participated in the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 0
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 73
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (74)