Apr 8, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
Fowler, 22, has missed the last 12 games with an MCL sprain and is hoping to draw back into the Ducks lineup either on Wednesday (versus San Jose) or for one of the team’s final two games over the weekend — Saturday in Los Angeles, or Sunday at home against Colorado.
“Sometimes you don’t know what you’ve got ’til it’s gone. Cam is one of those guys,” Boudreau said, per the Register. “He doesn’t put up unbelievable numbers. But he plays against the other team’s best offensive players.
“He can skate. And on the power play, he moves the puck. He’s been a hard guy for our team to replace. Probably as hard as anybody to replace.”
Fowler was enjoying a fantastic season in Anaheim prior to getting hurt, leading all Ducks defensemen in a number of significant statistical categories: TOI per game (24:54), points (36), power-play points (15) and takeaways (24). He also sat third on the club in blocked shots (118) and was a key member of the defense for the U.S. team that participated in the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 29
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 8
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (29)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)