Apr 8, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
Fowler, 22, has missed the last 12 games with an MCL sprain and is hoping to draw back into the Ducks lineup either on Wednesday (versus San Jose) or for one of the team’s final two games over the weekend — Saturday in Los Angeles, or Sunday at home against Colorado.
“Sometimes you don’t know what you’ve got ’til it’s gone. Cam is one of those guys,” Boudreau said, per the Register. “He doesn’t put up unbelievable numbers. But he plays against the other team’s best offensive players.
“He can skate. And on the power play, he moves the puck. He’s been a hard guy for our team to replace. Probably as hard as anybody to replace.”
Fowler was enjoying a fantastic season in Anaheim prior to getting hurt, leading all Ducks defensemen in a number of significant statistical categories: TOI per game (24:54), points (36), power-play points (15) and takeaways (24). He also sat third on the club in blocked shots (118) and was a key member of the defense for the U.S. team that participated in the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 24
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 23
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)