Apr 8, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
Fowler, 22, has missed the last 12 games with an MCL sprain and is hoping to draw back into the Ducks lineup either on Wednesday (versus San Jose) or for one of the team’s final two games over the weekend — Saturday in Los Angeles, or Sunday at home against Colorado.
“Sometimes you don’t know what you’ve got ’til it’s gone. Cam is one of those guys,” Boudreau said, per the Register. “He doesn’t put up unbelievable numbers. But he plays against the other team’s best offensive players.
“He can skate. And on the power play, he moves the puck. He’s been a hard guy for our team to replace. Probably as hard as anybody to replace.”
Fowler was enjoying a fantastic season in Anaheim prior to getting hurt, leading all Ducks defensemen in a number of significant statistical categories: TOI per game (24:54), points (36), power-play points (15) and takeaways (24). He also sat third on the club in blocked shots (118) and was a key member of the defense for the U.S. team that participated in the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- Selanne offers harsh criticism of Boudreau’s handling of him 7
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 11
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 9
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 19
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)