Apr 8, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
Tonight could be a pivotal night in the race for the final wild-card spot in the Western Conference. Both Dallas and Phoenix are in action, the Stars hosting Nashville, the Coyotes in Columbus.
A Dallas win combined with a Phoenix loss would put the Stars three points clear of the Coyotes, plus Dallas would own the tiebreaker. Which is to say, the Coyotes would be in a serious hole with just three games left to climb out of it.
Like Phoenix, the Stars have four games remaining, including tonight’s. (Though one of them, tomorrow’s make-up with Columbus, they’ll begin trailing, 1-0.)
If the Coyotes can keep the gap between them and the Stars to a single point by the time each side has finished its next three games, they’ll have a chance to grab a playoff spot on Sunday when the two teams meet in Glendale.
Dallas remaining schedule:
Phoenix remaining schedule:
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 25
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 41
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 95
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (95)