Apr 8, 2014, 1:25 AM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks went out quietly as the Anaheim Ducks beat them 3-0 to end any notion of a postseason run, and from the look of post-game quotes, they were pretty subdued after the game.
“It’s disappointing,” Bieksa said. “This isn’t a familiar feeling. We’re not very happy with tonight.”
Most of the other comments seemed to be matter of fact statements (John Tortorella’s profound take: “Obviously we didn’t play well enough,”), with the most interesting takeaway being that the Canucks will probably take a long look at younger players including goalie Jacob Markstrom receiving reps.
That’s about the most exciting thing for Canucks fans to consider as the team plays out the string, as Ryan Kesler doesn’t make it sound like it will be good times during this final week.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22