Apr 8, 2014, 1:25 AM EST
The Vancouver Canucks went out quietly as the Anaheim Ducks beat them 3-0 to end any notion of a postseason run, and from the look of post-game quotes, they were pretty subdued after the game.
“It’s disappointing,” Bieksa said. “This isn’t a familiar feeling. We’re not very happy with tonight.”
Most of the other comments seemed to be matter of fact statements (John Tortorella’s profound take: “Obviously we didn’t play well enough,”), with the most interesting takeaway being that the Canucks will probably take a long look at younger players including goalie Jacob Markstrom receiving reps.
That’s about the most exciting thing for Canucks fans to consider as the team plays out the string, as Ryan Kesler doesn’t make it sound like it will be good times during this final week.
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 2
- Video: Shattenkirk injured, won’t return after collision with Ovechkin 1
- Ovechkin becomes fifth player to start career with 10 straight 30+ goal seasons 2
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 2
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 23
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5