Apr 8, 2014, 1:25 AM EST
The Vancouver Canucks went out quietly as the Anaheim Ducks beat them 3-0 to end any notion of a postseason run, and from the look of post-game quotes, they were pretty subdued after the game.
“It’s disappointing,” Bieksa said. “This isn’t a familiar feeling. We’re not very happy with tonight.”
Most of the other comments seemed to be matter of fact statements (John Tortorella’s profound take: “Obviously we didn’t play well enough,”), with the most interesting takeaway being that the Canucks will probably take a long look at younger players including goalie Jacob Markstrom receiving reps.
That’s about the most exciting thing for Canucks fans to consider as the team plays out the string, as Ryan Kesler doesn’t make it sound like it will be good times during this final week.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2