Apr 7, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Fast, 22, made the Rangers out of training camp this year while Carl Hagelin recovered from a shoulder injury. Fast’ stats weren’t great — no points, minus-5 in eight games — but that did come at a time where New York struggled mightily without a few of its top players (Hagelin, Ryan Callahan) while playing 10 of 12 games in October on the road.
Here’s more, from the New York Daily News:
The Rangers’ sixth-round pick (157th overall) in the 2010 NHL draft is a skilled forward with skating ability. Fast has scored 17 goals and notched 17 assists for 34 points in 48 AHL games this season, along with 30 penalty minutes and a plus-14 rating. He ranks third on the Wolf Pack in goals and seventh in both assists and overall points.
Fast recorded a point on all three Hartford goals in a 3-2 victory against Norfolk on Sunday. His three-point performance marked a single-game career-high.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5