Apr 7, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Fast, 22, made the Rangers out of training camp this year while Carl Hagelin recovered from a shoulder injury. Fast’ stats weren’t great — no points, minus-5 in eight games — but that did come at a time where New York struggled mightily without a few of its top players (Hagelin, Ryan Callahan) while playing 10 of 12 games in October on the road.
Here’s more, from the New York Daily News:
The Rangers’ sixth-round pick (157th overall) in the 2010 NHL draft is a skilled forward with skating ability. Fast has scored 17 goals and notched 17 assists for 34 points in 48 AHL games this season, along with 30 penalty minutes and a plus-14 rating. He ranks third on the Wolf Pack in goals and seventh in both assists and overall points.
Fast recorded a point on all three Hartford goals in a 3-2 victory against Norfolk on Sunday. His three-point performance marked a single-game career-high.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22