Apr 7, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Fast, 22, made the Rangers out of training camp this year while Carl Hagelin recovered from a shoulder injury. Fast’ stats weren’t great — no points, minus-5 in eight games — but that did come at a time where New York struggled mightily without a few of its top players (Hagelin, Ryan Callahan) while playing 10 of 12 games in October on the road.
Here’s more, from the New York Daily News:
The Rangers’ sixth-round pick (157th overall) in the 2010 NHL draft is a skilled forward with skating ability. Fast has scored 17 goals and notched 17 assists for 34 points in 48 AHL games this season, along with 30 penalty minutes and a plus-14 rating. He ranks third on the Wolf Pack in goals and seventh in both assists and overall points.
Fast recorded a point on all three Hartford goals in a 3-2 victory against Norfolk on Sunday. His three-point performance marked a single-game career-high.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)