Apr 7, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
Fast, 22, made the Rangers out of training camp this year while Carl Hagelin recovered from a shoulder injury. Fast’ stats weren’t great — no points, minus-5 in eight games — but that did come at a time where New York struggled mightily without a few of its top players (Hagelin, Ryan Callahan) while playing 10 of 12 games in October on the road.
Here’s more, from the New York Daily News:
The Rangers’ sixth-round pick (157th overall) in the 2010 NHL draft is a skilled forward with skating ability. Fast has scored 17 goals and notched 17 assists for 34 points in 48 AHL games this season, along with 30 penalty minutes and a plus-14 rating. He ranks third on the Wolf Pack in goals and seventh in both assists and overall points.
Fast recorded a point on all three Hartford goals in a 3-2 victory against Norfolk on Sunday. His three-point performance marked a single-game career-high.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 17
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 22
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 15
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 74
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 28
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (75)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)