Apr 7, 2014, 12:39 PM EST
Hall, the first star, led all skaters with seven assists and nine points last week, registering a least a point in all four of Edmonton’s games. One of the few bright spots for the Oilers this year, Hall now ranks seventh in the NHL in scoring — with a career-high 77 points — to go along with career bests in goals (27), assists (50) and, perhaps most importantly, games played (72).
Varlamov, the second star, went 3-0-1 last week with a 1.42 GAA and .950 save percentage as the Avs remained in second in the ultra-tight Central Division, and remained within striking distance of St. Louis for first place. The highlights of Varlamov’s week were 1) a 31-save shutout over the Blues on Apr. 5 — his second shutout of the year — and 2) registering his 40th win of the year, which tied head coach Patrick Roy’s franchise record for most wins in a season.
Pacioretty, the third star, tied for the NHL lead with four goals as the Canadiens moved four points clear of likely first round opponent Tampa Bay for second place in the Atlantic Division, and the home ice advantage that goes along with it. The highlight of Pacioretty’s week was scoring a hat trick, five points and his NHL-best 11th game-winning goal in a 7-4 win over the Senators on Friday.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 15
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)