Apr 7, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes approach a make-or-break week for their 2014 playoff hopes, but it remains unclear if they’ll get key players back into the mix.
Monday’s updates present a combination of good and bad news, as the Arizona Republic’s Sarah McLellan reports.
Would-be starting goalie Mike Smith finally practiced today, yet his status for future games appears up in the air.
He’s not the only substantial player out of the lineup, as Martin Hanzal is still dealing with his injury issues. He was unable to skate with the team on Monday, but it appears that he at least has a chance to play against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Tuesday.
Ultimately Hanzal is considered questionable while Smith is listed as day-to-day.
Even with all that uncertainty in mind and the pressure facing the Coyotes as they try to overtake the Dallas Stars (and the field behind them) for the final West playoff spot, Coyotes captain Shane Doan is finding a way to enjoy it.
The Coyotes will probably view it as a more enjoyable week if they extend their season beyond Sunday’s finale against the Stars, however.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 17
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 17
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (80)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)