Apr 7, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes approach a make-or-break week for their 2014 playoff hopes, but it remains unclear if they’ll get key players back into the mix.
Monday’s updates present a combination of good and bad news, as the Arizona Republic’s Sarah McLellan reports.
Would-be starting goalie Mike Smith finally practiced today, yet his status for future games appears up in the air.
He’s not the only substantial player out of the lineup, as Martin Hanzal is still dealing with his injury issues. He was unable to skate with the team on Monday, but it appears that he at least has a chance to play against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Tuesday.
Ultimately Hanzal is considered questionable while Smith is listed as day-to-day.
Even with all that uncertainty in mind and the pressure facing the Coyotes as they try to overtake the Dallas Stars (and the field behind them) for the final West playoff spot, Coyotes captain Shane Doan is finding a way to enjoy it.
The Coyotes will probably view it as a more enjoyable week if they extend their season beyond Sunday’s finale against the Stars, however.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35