Apr 6, 2014, 12:14 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues can take another step towards locking up the Western Conference top spot, but they’ll have their hands full doing that in Chicago against the Blackhawks.
Chicago is still trying to catch the Colorado Avalanche for second place in the Central Division to get home ice in the first round, but being three points back and the Avs having a game in hand makes that a tough task in itself.
The Blues battle isn’t just for the Western Conference lead (the Anaheim Ducks trail them by three points) but also for the Presidents’ Trophy.
With 111 points, the Blues are two points behind the Boston Bruins. Getting home ice throughout the playoffs is the ultimate goal for the regular season. The last time the Blues won it was 1999-2000. It’s been an even longer drought for the Bruins who last won it in 1989-90.
Both the Blackhawks and Blues are in the playoffs already, but there’s still a lot left to play for. Read our preview of this afternoon’s game here.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 36
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)