Apr 6, 2014, 6:53 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers aren’t in danger of getting Toronto’d yet, but after losing four straight games, they need to get back on track as soon as possible.
Although they are still in third place in the Metropolitan Division, their cushion against the Columbus Blue Jackets is just two points. Philadelphia also has a three-point edge in the playoff race.
They are getting ready to face the Buffalo Sabres at 7:30 p.m. ET. Buffalo has the worst record in the league and is 1-5-1 in its last seven contests, but the Sabres have at least held their own lately and consequently aren’t a squad that the Flyers can afford to take lightly.
You can watch the game on NBCSN or online via the link below:
The Flyers will be featured again next weekend as their game against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday will air on NBC.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25