Apr 6, 2014, 7:53 PM EDT
Dallas had an opportunity to put some breathing room between them and the Phoenix Coyotes in the battle for the final Wild Card spot. They squandered it.
Panthers goaltender Roberto Luongo turned aside 35 of 37 shots, including 16 in the third period to give Florida a chance to pull off this comeback.
With this loss, both the Stars and Coyotes have four games left and Dallas’ lead is just a point. Neither team can realistically hope to finish with more than the second Wild Card seed and they are the only two serious competitors left for the final postseason spot in the Western Conference.
To make things more intriguing, Dallas and Phoenix are set to play against each other in one of the final games of the regular season on Sunday.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)