Apr 6, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Suddenly the New Jersey Devils are right in the thick of the wild card race in the Eastern Conference.
After a 3-1 win Saturday against the Carolina Hurricanes, the Devils are one point behind the Columbus Blue Jackets for the second wild card spot and three points behind the Philadelphia Flyers for third in the Metropolitan Division.
“We’ve been so close to these kind of wins all throughout the year and just somehow haven’t racked them up in a row, but if you’re going to go on a run these are the kind of ones you need to grind out and we’ve been doing that the last couple of games,” Schneider said.
The Devils final four games provide a challenge and more opportunities to need to grind out wins. They host the Calgary Flames on Monday then play a back-to-back set on Thursday and Friday in Ottawa against the Senators and then back home against the New York Islanders. They close out the season next Sunday at home against the East’s top team, Boston.
It’s a tough road for New Jersey, but if there’s anything we know about them it’s that they don’t go away very easily.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 4
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 26
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)