Apr 6, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Philadelphia got a much needed 5-2 win against the Buffalo Sabres tonight to end the Flyers’ four-game losing streak.
Brayden Schenn led the charge with two goals, including the game-winner in the second period and his 20th of the season late in the third.
The player with the most eventful night though was Philadelphia’s Zac Rinaldo. He scored his second goal of 2013-14, but ended up with three minor penalties before getting booted for hitting Buffalo’s Chad Ruhwedel in the head.
Rinaldo might get suspended for his actions and the ensuing power play ended goaltender Steve Mason‘s shutout bid with 12:34 left in regulation.
Philadelphia has firmed its hold on third place in the Metropolitan Division by creating a two-point gap between them and the Columbus Blue Jackets. Both teams have four games left and the Flyers control the tiebreaker (wins minus shootout victories).
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)