Apr 6, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
If this weekend was a test to see if the St. Louis Blues are ready for the playoffs, then the results were troubling. The Blues fell short against the Colorado Avalanche and Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday and Sunday respectively.
Elliott didn’t want to highlight a specific problem with the Blues, but did suggest that they need to play as a team in order to succeed. St. Louis doesn’t have a player with more than 60 points this season, but they have tremendous depth as well as strong goaltending.
Blues coach Ken Hitchcock thinks that the team needs to use their final games to “re-energize.”
“I think we had fits at both games. We were really good for the first period yesterday (against Colorado), we had fits in this game, but I think the details of our game are probably lacking,” Hitchcock said. “We look like we’re a little bit tired, so the details that fit us so well and the energy to put those details in place are probably lacking a little bit right now.”
Expectations are high for the Blues after a superb showing in the regular season and the acquisition of goaltender Ryan Miller. They are likely to finish the season with the top seed in the Western Conference and play against Phoenix or Dallas in the first round.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 14
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)