Apr 5, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
Although no team wants to be in a position where its necessary, overcoming an early 3-0 deficit is a great way to build some confidence. Montreal Canadiens coach Michel Therrien certainly seemed pumped following his team’s 7-4 victory over the Ottawa Senators last night.
“We showed a lot of character to come back after giving up three goals and as a coach you appreciate that,” Therrien said, per the Montreal Gazette. “We didn’t quit and we showed that we’re ready for the playoffs.”
Montreal is currently projected to face Tampa Bay in the first round. Where Game 1 will be played is still very much up in the air though as the two teams compete for home ice advantage. Montreal has a two-point lead, but has also played in one extra contest.
The Canadiens will attempt to build off of their recent success when they play against Detroit tonight. The Red Wings have won their last four games to establish a comfortable lead in the battle for a Wild Card spot.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)