Apr 5, 2014, 2:21 PM EST
Philadelphia Flyers forward Zac Rinaldo successfully got under the skin of the Boston Bruins early in this afternoon’s contest.
Less than a minute into the game, Rinaldo knocked Milan Lucic to the ice with a big, but clean open-ice hit. Lucic got back up ready to fight, but Rinaldo passed on the opportunity and instead Lucic was the one that ended up in the box for roughing.
You can see the hit below:
The Bruins managed to kill the penalty and Lucic got revenge by assisting on David Krejci‘s opening goal at 15:56 of the first period.
After dropping three straight games, the Flyers are in danger of losing their hold on the Metropolitan Division’s third seed. If they end up sliding into the second Wild Card position, then their first round opponent would be the Bruins.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)