Apr 5, 2014, 2:21 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers forward Zac Rinaldo successfully got under the skin of the Boston Bruins early in this afternoon’s contest.
Less than a minute into the game, Rinaldo knocked Milan Lucic to the ice with a big, but clean open-ice hit. Lucic got back up ready to fight, but Rinaldo passed on the opportunity and instead Lucic was the one that ended up in the box for roughing.
You can see the hit below:
The Bruins managed to kill the penalty and Lucic got revenge by assisting on David Krejci‘s opening goal at 15:56 of the first period.
After dropping three straight games, the Flyers are in danger of losing their hold on the Metropolitan Division’s third seed. If they end up sliding into the second Wild Card position, then their first round opponent would be the Bruins.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 3
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 8
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 5
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2