Apr 5, 2014, 2:21 PM EST
Philadelphia Flyers forward Zac Rinaldo successfully got under the skin of the Boston Bruins early in this afternoon’s contest.
Less than a minute into the game, Rinaldo knocked Milan Lucic to the ice with a big, but clean open-ice hit. Lucic got back up ready to fight, but Rinaldo passed on the opportunity and instead Lucic was the one that ended up in the box for roughing.
You can see the hit below:
The Bruins managed to kill the penalty and Lucic got revenge by assisting on David Krejci‘s opening goal at 15:56 of the first period.
After dropping three straight games, the Flyers are in danger of losing their hold on the Metropolitan Division’s third seed. If they end up sliding into the second Wild Card position, then their first round opponent would be the Bruins.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 16
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10