Apr 5, 2014, 2:21 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers forward Zac Rinaldo successfully got under the skin of the Boston Bruins early in this afternoon’s contest.
Less than a minute into the game, Rinaldo knocked Milan Lucic to the ice with a big, but clean open-ice hit. Lucic got back up ready to fight, but Rinaldo passed on the opportunity and instead Lucic was the one that ended up in the box for roughing.
You can see the hit below:
The Bruins managed to kill the penalty and Lucic got revenge by assisting on David Krejci‘s opening goal at 15:56 of the first period.
After dropping three straight games, the Flyers are in danger of losing their hold on the Metropolitan Division’s third seed. If they end up sliding into the second Wild Card position, then their first round opponent would be the Bruins.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 10
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 35
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 14
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 95
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (95)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)