Apr 5, 2014, 2:21 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers forward Zac Rinaldo successfully got under the skin of the Boston Bruins early in this afternoon’s contest.
Less than a minute into the game, Rinaldo knocked Milan Lucic to the ice with a big, but clean open-ice hit. Lucic got back up ready to fight, but Rinaldo passed on the opportunity and instead Lucic was the one that ended up in the box for roughing.
You can see the hit below:
The Bruins managed to kill the penalty and Lucic got revenge by assisting on David Krejci‘s opening goal at 15:56 of the first period.
After dropping three straight games, the Flyers are in danger of losing their hold on the Metropolitan Division’s third seed. If they end up sliding into the second Wild Card position, then their first round opponent would be the Bruins.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 11
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10